Welcome to Wyoming’s Online Home!
The city of Wyoming Illinois was founded on May 3,1836 by General Samuel Thomas who was a veteran of the War of 1812. General Thomas was born in 1787 and died in 1879. He is buried in the Wyoming City Cemetery where a plaque below his stone denotes that he was the founder and benefactor of the town of Wyoming IL. The main city park in Wyoming is Thomas Park and there is also a Thomas Street in honor of the General Thomas. Samuel Thomas as well as many of the other early settlers came from the state of Pennsylvania. It is from the Wyoming Valley in Pennsylvania the the city is named.
Wyoming is located in Stark County Illinois. Stark County is in the central portion of the state and has much rich farmland and small communities.
Wyoming is the largest town in Stark County with 1424 people as of the 2000 census.
Why Mini Vapes Are Perfect for On-the-Go Vaping
- General Samuel Thomas: Tactical Genius Behind American VictoryGeneral Samuel Thomas was a tactical genius behind the American victory in the Civil War. He was responsible for many innovative strategies and tactics, which helped turn the tide of the war in favor of the Union. Thomas is one of the most influential military leaders in American history, and his strategies and tactics are […]
- The Top 5 Family Tree Sites That Make Genealogy Easier Than EverAre you looking for a way to research your family tree more easily than ever? If so, you’re in luck! We’re going to take a look at five of the best family tree sites on the internet and how easy they are to use. Each one will help you learn about your ancestors in no […]
- How to Make the Most of Your Farmland for SaleIf you’re thinking of selling your farm, there are a few important things you should know. With some careful planning and execution, you can make the most of your land and turn a profit. In this article, we’ll outline the basics of farming, discuss the types of farmland available, and give you tips on how […]
- 15 Must-Visit Wildlife Sanctuaries in WyomingLooking for a wildlife preserve in Wyoming to visit? Look no further than these 15 amazing sanctuaries! From bison to elk, each one offers visitors an amazing experience. From action-packed hikes to peaceful barns, there’s something for everyone at these sanctuaries. So get out there and check them all off your list! Wyoming’s Top Wildlife […]
- The 10 best Wyoming vacation ideasWyoming is a great place to explore in winter and summer, each with its own unique attractions. Whether you’re looking for skiing and snowboarding, hiking, or cruising the breathtaking scenery, these are some of the best Wyoming vacation ideas for 2016. With so many choices, there’s something for everyone to enjoy! The 10 best ski […]
- The Rewards of Researching Family History in a Wyoming City Cemetery.In Wyoming City, the rewards for researching family history can be both eerie and amusing. For example, one local woman discovered that her great-great-grandfather had been a member of the Ku Klux Klan. However, this discovery was only the beginning of her family’s history research. People who enjoy researching their family history in cemeteries may […]
- Detecting Genealogy in Wyoming City CemeteriesIf you’re interested in genealogy, then you need to check out the Wyoming City cemeteries! These cemeteries are a treasure trove of information about the people who have been buried there, and there are many ways to use this information to start to build a family tree. Discover your family’s history in Wyoming City cemeteries […]
- The Top 5 reasons to Visit Denali National Park this SummerDon’t miss your chance to visit Denali National Park this summer! These Top 5 reasons will have you packing your bags in no time. From stunning scenery to abundant wildlife, and fascinating history, there’s something for everyone at this park. So don’t wait any longer – start planning your trip today! The Top 5 reasons […]
- A Look at the History and Culture of a Wyoming Small TownDenali is known for its culture, history, and natural attractions. It’s a popular tourist destination for people from all over the world, and is home to a variety of businesses and cultural organizations. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the notable aspects of Denali’s history and culture. A Brief History of […]